- How To Disable Touchpad On Dell Laptop Windows 10
- How To Disable Touchpad On Dell Laptop Latitude E6410
Disable Touch Pad of your Laptop; Avoid Erratic Cursor Movement When Typing
There are several ways how you can disable your touchpad. Some laptops can have special equipment, for example. Button to turn on / off the Windows 10 touch panel. Look at the edges to see if your laptop has it. Another way is a key combination, check the keyboard for any signs to disable the touch panels. It may vary with the model of Dell laptop that you have. I have an Inspiron 17 3721. To disable the touchpad, I use FN+F3. The F3 button on the keyboard actually has a picture on it of a touchpad with an 'X' across it. This Fn+F3 shortcut was listed in the Quick Start Guide that came with my laptop.
'Kylo uses lethal lightsaber attacks and Force powers to destroy enemies up close.' — In-game Description. Kylo Ren is a playable Dark Side villain for the First Order in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II. He is the son of Han Solo and Leia Organa, the nephew of Luke Skywalker, and the grandson of Darth Vader. Star wars battlefront 2 kylo ren the last jedi skin. Kylo Ren knows the raw power of evil, and his mastery of the dark side. You must sign in and sign up for STAR WARS Battlefront 2 and EA emails before.
To turn off the touchpad when an external mouse or other pointing device is present, you can goto the Control Panel and double click the Mouse properties icon.
Click the Device Select tab and check 'Disable Touch Pad when USB Pointing Device is present.' The cursor will no longer move via the touchpad.
Alternatively, you can permanently disable the touchpad of your laptop by clicking the 'Disable Device' in the Touch Pad setting. Advanced users can disable the touchpad from the BIOS setup [press F2 when the computer is booting to enter BIOS settings]
Unfortunately, there are no keyboard shortcuts to enable/disable Touchpad movement or tapping. You can however drag the Mouse icon from the control panel to your Quick launch bar for quick access.
If that sounds too much effort, you may consider adjusting the sensitivity of the touchpad. This can be accessed from the Touch Pad tab of our mouse properties. Choose a low setting.
I have tested this on a Dell Inspiron notebook that ship with the Alps TouchPad Driver but should work perfect with your Sony Vaio or HP laptops that come with Synaptics TouchPad software.
How to Disable Touchpad when Mouse is Connected in Windows 10
If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad and you like to use an external USB or Bluetooth mouse, you can set to automatically disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected and automatically enable the touchpad when the mouse is disconnected.
This tutorial will show you how to automatically disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected for your account in Windows 10.
- Option One: Leave Touchpad On or Off when Mouse is Connected in Control Panel
- Option Two: Leave Touchpad On or Off when Mouse is Connected in Settings
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Mouse icon.
2. Click/tap on the Clickpad Settings tab in Mouse Properties. (see screenshot below)
The actual name of this tab will vary depending on the touchpad brand and drivers. It will usually be the last tab.
3. Check or uncheck the Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached setting for what you want, and click/tap on OK.
This option is only available in Settings if you have a precision touchpad.
This option is no longer available in Settings starting with Windows 10 version 1803.
1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.
2. Click/tap on Touchpad on the left side, and check or uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)
3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
How To Disable Touchpad On Dell Laptop Windows 10