Mod NPC Face Discoloration FIX! Discussion in 'Skyrim Mods' started by Hargood, Apr 10. The female foreheads are anywhere from pink to dark blue, and once the textures are exported, it shows up like that in game. Also there's errors for femalehead01.msn missing when I try to view any character in the CK. Missing Body Textures CBBE - posted in Skyrim Technical Support: I have missing textures in a V shape around the pelvic regions. When I ware some Clothes, the waist area (body) is missing. This is a new game install, using Caliente Big Bottom CBBE with xp32s full skeleton. I use to fix this when the skeleton meshes were corrupted and I re-installed the meshes.
This is my mod list. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My mod list is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My mod list, without me, is useless. Without my mod list, I am useless.
My mod list is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses and its strength. I will keep my mod list clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.
|1. Bug Fixes & Optimization||8.Animals & Creatures|
|2. Interface & Menu||9. Other Effects|
|3.Landscape & Architecture||10.Gameplay & Immersion|
|4.Lighting, Weather & Atmosphere||11.Animations|
|5.Clutter & Miscellaneous||12.Sound & Music|
|6.Weapons, Armor & Clothing||13.Tools & Utilities|
|7.Character Creation & NPC Overhauls|
Vanilla Skyrim female face texture rating: 1/10 As you can see, the vanilla Skyrim female face texture is a little (lot) haggard. There are some weird coloring issues, like the dark rings around the eyes and the white ring around the mouth. The lips are just one pale mess with no amount of dimension. All in all, not very cute.
1. Bug Fixes & Optimization
- SKSE– Expands the scripting capabilities of Skyrim, allowing mod authors to create mods that wouldn't have otherwise been possible. Incorporates Sheson's Memory Patch which is a must-have for heavily modded games. Installation tutorial by Gopher. http://skse.silverlock.org/
- Optimized Vanilla Textureshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57353/?
- Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch– Comprehensive bug-fixing mod for Skyrim, aiming to eventually fix every bug in the game. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214/?
- SkyUI by SkyUI Team – Improves Skyrim's User Interface by making it easier to navigate with a mouse and keyboard. Also adds an MCM panel for mod configuration. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?
- 1st Person Candlelight Fix by Savaas – Fixes the mismatched lighting when using the candlelight spell in 1st person. I use extreme version. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83608?
- Bug Fixes by meh321 – SKSE plugin which fixes some engine related bugs, such as the lip sync problem when npcs are talking. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76747/?
- Dawnguard Gauntlets Fix by Zeddarius – Adds the vampire gauntlets to the various vampire outfits so that vampires will actually wear them. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38400/?
- Enchantment Reload Fix SKSE plugin that fixes a bug where enchanted weapon charges drain too quickly after saving and reloading. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52717/?
- Fuz Ro D-oh – Silent Voicehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14884/?
- Hearthfire Display Case Fix – Unofficial Hearthfire Patch Edition– Lets you place weapons neatly in the Hearthfire home display cases. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60532/?
- Wiseman303's Flora Fixeshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70656/?
Any conflicts between mods will be listed in the additional notes at the end of each section. Watch this video by FadingSignal to learn the basics of TES5Edit so you can easily resolve these conflicts.
2. Interface & Menu
- A Quality World Map & Solstheim Map – With Roads – High quality map replacer so you can plan your journeys better. Recommend vivid with flat roads version and the clear map skies add-on. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4929/?
- Better Dialogue Controlsby ecirbaf – Fixes issues where the mouse prevents some keyboard controls from working as expected. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27371/?
- Better MessageBox Controlsby ecirbaf – Improves the messagebox controls for easier and faster navigation.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28170/?
- Categorized Favorites Menuhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4862/?
- All-Rounder Categorized Favorites Menu Presethttps://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91415
- Extended UI – Improves the skills menu by showing more perks and also lets you extend the sleep/wait menu and make the console full-screen. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57873/?
- Immersive HUD – iHUD by Gopher – Allows you to toggle the HUD on and off with a hotkey so you can hide certain HUD elements when you don't need them. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3222/?
- KenMOD – Time on Loading Screenby Kenney – Displays your current computer time during load screens so you remember when it's time to go to bed.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/98/?
- Main Font Replacementby Valistar – Changes the font of all interface text in the game. Choose the font you like. Fertigo is my favourite.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/95/?
- MoreHUDby Ahzaab – Displays additional information on your HUD about collectable items, like how many you already have.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51956/?
- Obsidian Main Menu by Viekas – Adds a nicer main menu and removes the load screen smoke which can look weird with an ENB installed. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68418/?
- RaceMenu by Expired – Overhauls Skyrim's character creation menu for better usability and much greater customization. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?
- Smaller Cursor Reduces the size of the UI cursor to be more like a standard pc cursor. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2317/?
- Thinner Compass Makes the compass a little thinner so it takes up less of the screen. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12804/?
- Once in-game, open SKYUI's MCM menu and then the advanced tab. Uncheck the favourites box or you'll get an error warning.
3. Landscape & Architecture
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM) by Brumbek – Improves the meshes and textures of hundreds of the ugliest 3D models in Skyrim. Select 'install everything with dragonborn 2011' during installation. If using Wiseman303's Flora Fixes install the SMIM patch and place it after SMIM. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8655/?
- Skyrim HD – 2K Textures by NebuLa – High quality textures for Skyrim's landscape, dungeons, towns and other misc items. Use complete lite version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607/?
- The Ruffled Feather – Mod Collectionhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11/?
- aMidianBorn Caves & Mines by CaBaL – Improved textures for Skyrim's caves and mines. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39190/?
- Ancient Dwemer Metal by SRW0 – High resolution retexture of some of the Dwemer architecture and clutter. Recommend the Ancient Dwemer Metal 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75610/?
- AOF Detailed Mountains Adds more detail to Skyrim's rocks and mountains. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4805/?
- AOF Farmhouseshttps://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7255?
- Deathbell by Mari by ArtByMari – Retextures the Deathbell flower. Recommend 1K version. Choose your favourite option during install. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78197/?
- Dragons Tongue by ArtByMari – Retextures the Dragons Tongue flower. Select 1K version during install. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90918?
- Enhanced Vanilla Trees by Some_Random_Guy_83 – Improves the meshes and textures of the vanilla trees and adds 3D LODs. During install select ENB, Basic trees and Enhanced clutter, HD textures and Realistic Aspen Trees. Also install the billboards if using DYNDOLOD. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76086
- Fences of Skyrim – No More Flickering Fences Changes the fence mesh to one that looks much better and doesn't flicker. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58980/?
- Gecko's Dwarven Ruins Textures by lazygecko – Adds lore-friendly 2K textures for the dwarven ruins. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85066?
- Gecko's Nordic Ruins Textures by lazygecko – Adds lore-friendly textures for the nordic ruins. Recommend 2K version. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85382?
- High Definition Ivyhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30971/?
- HiRes Legible Road Signshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/436/?
- Lanterns of Skyrim – All In One– Adds immersive lanterns to main roads, villages, towns and settlements. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18916/?
- Mountain Flower by Mari by ArtByMari – Gives the various mountain flowers nice colorful textures. Also grab the Dawnguard file. Recommend 1K during install. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78145/?
- Natural Grass Texture Floor – Replaces the field grass floor texture with a more natural looking grass. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30164/?
- No Snow Under the Roof– Removes snow from places there shouldn't really be any and adds new 3D snow to certain structures. During install select SMIM BSA, Legendary and BDS patch. Main file needs TES5Edit cleaning. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51188/?
- Point The Way– Adds new road signs and adds to existings ones so you don't need to check your map so often.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33393/?
- Realistic HD Mushroomshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61289/?
- Realistic Water Two by isoku – New water textures made to imitate the fluid motion of water. Select high resolution and legendary option during install. Also install the optional ENB textures and select 1K option. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41076/?
- Ruins Clutter Improved by raiserfx – Retextures many of the ugly objects in Skyrim's dungeons, like pots and doors. Select 'install everything' during installation. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14227/?
- RUSTIC MONUMENTS and TOMBSTONEShttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68884/?
- RUSTIC NORDIC MURALS Retextures the Nordic mural walls usually seen before puzzle doors. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65602/?
- RUSTIC STANDING STONEShttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68493/?
- RUSTIC WINDOWS– Adds new high resolution windows to Skyrim's buildings. Recommend 1K Skyrim and Dragonborn version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54302/?
- RUSTIC WOODPOST & LIGHTPOSThttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72915/?
- RUSTIC WORD WALLShttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68561/?
- Vivid Landscapes – Tundra Moss Revised Improves the textures of the blurry tundra moss on rocks. Recommend yellow 1K version. Also need SMIM patch from optional files. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43221/?
- Watercolor for ENB & Realistic Water Twoby paganmetalfan – Makes the sunscattering effect of ENBseries more visible on the surface of the water. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48938/?
- Plugins from the following mods overwrite edits made by the Unofficial Patch that should be resolved using TES5Edit… Lanterns of Skyrim and Realistic Water Two.
- Once in-game, open the Lanterns of Skyrim MCM menu and increase the update check time from 5s to 30s.
4. Lighting, Weather & Atmosphere
- Improved Hearthfire Lighting – Adds ELFX-style lighting to the Hearthfires homes. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60637/?
- True Storms – Thunder & Rain Redone Intensifies storms by adding new thunder sounds with random playback, along with heavy rain and snow shaders. During install select True Storms for Vanilla. Requires TES5Edit cleaning. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63478/?
- Vivid Weathers – A Complete Weather & Visual Overhaul for Skyrim by Mangaclub and Kesta – Complete weather and visual overhaul, adding many new weathers and effects. Select 1K during install, leave everything else unchecked. Hide/deactivate Vivid Weather.esp. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73937/?
- Natural Lighting Vivid Atmospherics by Megaloblast and Kojak747 – A fusion of Natural Lighting & Atmospherics (NLA), and Vivid Weathers (VW). Install the main file and the True Storms patch. Hide/Deactivate Natural Lighting Vivid Atmostpherics.esp. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75346/?
- Tetrachromatic ENB by Slothability – Vibrant fantasy enb preset. Requires the latest enb binaries. Read description page for install instructions. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73848/?
- Wonders of Weather Adds immersive weather effects to Skyrim, like rainbows, shooting stars and rain splashes. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64941/?
5. Clutter & Miscellaneous
- Barenziah's Glory by Saerileth – High quality textures for the stones and crown of Barenziah. Recommend 2K Gamwich textures and dark gem. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63902?
- Better Mammoth Cheesehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62991/?
- Book Covers Skyrim– High quality retextures of all the books, journals and notes in Skyrim, and all DLC. Use desaturated version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35399/?
- Dark Brotherhood Tenets Restored Retextures the Dark Brotherhood Tenets so you can actually read them. I use standard edition and select hi resolution option during install. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31087/?
- Designs of the Nords Retextures all the hold banners in Skyrim, including the DLC. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13429/?
- Dressed Hearthfire Doll by uni_SL – Gives the child's doll from Hearthfire a pretty dress so she isn't cold and naked anymore. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75362/?
- Falmer Ear & Hagraven Claw by Achronos – Retextures the falmer ear and hagraven claw ingredients. Install both main files. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74792/?
- HD Ore & Ingots Hi-quality retextures of all the ore and ingots in Skyrim. Use the 'With Manager' optional file. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9912/?
- HD Reworked Baskets by HalkHogan. Lore friendly mesh and texture replacer for all the baskets. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83767?
- High Quality Food & Ingredients– High quality retextures of much of the food and ingredients in Skyrim. Recommend performance version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1192/?
- Honey Pothttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70386/?
- IMMERSIVE LORE-FRIENDLY CHEESE & CABBAGE Better textures for Skyrim's cheese and cabbage. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62603/?
- JS Dragon Claws – Retextures the Dragon Claws to look more like real dragon claws. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75377/?
- MAPS Lore-friendly retexture of the two battlemaps in Skyrim. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66819/?
- PELTAPALOOZA – Pelts of Skyrim Expansion Increases the number of pelts commonly found on beds, floors and walls to 9. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60412/?
- Realistic HD Beverages Retextures the various booze bottles in Skyrim with their own unique labels. Recommend Quality version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66536/?
- Realistic HD Food Improves the meshes and textures of many of Skyrim's food items. Recommend Quality version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62665/?
- Realistic HD Food & Beverages – Havok Physics Fix by sialivi – If you use Realistic HD Beverages and Food this will fix the crazy dancing wine bottles. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75194/?
- Retexture for Bread – Hearthfire – Better textures for the bread, dumplings and tarts added by the Hearthfires dlc. Also install the potato bread fix from optional files. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64980/?
- Retexture for Soup – Realistic textures for the various soups in Skyrim. Recommend Fancy version for SMIM. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65238/?
- Retexture for the Scroll More interesting textures for Skyrim's scrolls. Recommend mixed option during install. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64029/?
- RUGNAROK Improves the textures and meshes of the various rugs in Skyrim. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64830/?
- RUSTIC ALCHEMY & ENCHANTING TABLES Retextures the Alchemy and Enchanting tables in Skyrim. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62328/?
- RUSTIC AZURA'S STAR by Gamwich – High quality textures for the daedric artifact Azura's Star. Recommend 2K version. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92291
- RUSTIC CLUTTER COLLECTION Collection of Gamwich's small clutter retextures, like pottery. Recommend 2K and optional patch for Ruins Clutter Improved. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62506/?
- RUSTIC COOKING STATION Retextures the cooking apparatus and some cooked foods like venison, beef and stew. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62800/?
- RUSTIC EAST EMPIRE COMPANY SIGNAGEhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68196/?
- RUSTIC ELDERSCROLL – Retextures the Elder Scrolls and optionally the FX you see when you read them. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73287/?
- RUSTIC FURNITURE by Gamwich – Finally some HD textures for the noble furniture. Install 2K for SMIM file. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91309?
- RUSTIC OVEN – Hearthfireshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68387/?
- RUSTIC POTIONS & POISONS Improves the textures of the various potions and poisons in Skyrim. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62701/?
- RUSTIC SOULGEMS Improves the model and texture of soul gems and gives them a glowing effect. Recommend 2K unsorted version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63766/?
- Septim HD Improves the texture and mesh of the septims in Skyrim so they look nice and shiny. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3018/?
- Skeever Tail HD by Pfuscher – Retextures the skeever tail ingredient. Recommend 2K version. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74300?
- Taproot 1K by Achronos – Retextures the taproot ingredient. Recommend 1K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74303/?
- White Phial Replacer by Saerileth. Lore-friendly texture replacer for the white phial. During install select Dawnguard option, 1K and 80%. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54078?
- Realistic HD Beverages.esp overwrites one small change made by the Unofficial Patch that should be resolved using TES5Edit.
6. Weapons, Armor & Clothing
- Aetherial Crown – Gives the Aetherial Crown a more interesting model and HD texture by Gamwich. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74766/?
- aMidianBorn Blade of Woe HD retexture of the Blade of Woe from the Dark Brotherhood questline. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51130/?
- aMidianBorn Book of Silence– High quality retextures of most armors and weapons in the game. Install all main files and hotfixes. Also rename the 'ash' folder to 'ashman' as stated in sticky post (textures/actors/dlc02). http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24909/?
- aMidianBorn Imperial Light & Studded HD retexture of the Imperial Light and Studded Light Armor sets. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50887/?
- aMidianBorn Stormcloak Officer Armour HD retexture of the Stormcloak Officer Armor set. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45692/?
- Auriels Bow – HD Retexturehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44333/?
- Auriel's Shield – HD Retexture by https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51148
- Dawn of the Dawnguard Armor by redtox – High quality retexture of the Dawnguard armor sets. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64559/?
- EcthelionOtW Mage Equipment Overhaul by EcthelionOtW – HD retextures for some of skyrim's mage gear. I just use the Spellbreaker and Daedric Staves files. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40592/?
- Elegant Circlets 2K High quality retextures of the circlets in Skyrim. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49612/?
- Elven Weapons for Silence by Erlioniel – Retextures of the Elven weapons to better match the elven armor textures from Book of Silence. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27726/?
- Frankly HD Nightingale Armor & Weapons by FrankFamily – High resolution retexture of the Nightingale weapons and armor. Recommend 2K version. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92489?
- Frankly HD Shrouded Armor by FrankFamily – High resolution retexture of the Shrouded Armor from the Dark Brotherhood questline. Recommend 2K. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92666?
- Gemling Queen Jewelry Gives the various rings, necklaces and circlet gems in Skyrim improved textures. Use 1K during install. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52266/?
- Glorious Daedric Retexturehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30612/?
- Harkons Sword – HD Retexture – High resolution texture for Harkon's Sword from the Dawnguard DLC. Recommend 2K version from optional files. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52004
- Improved Closefaced Helmets by navida1 – Edits the closefaced helmets so that the eyes can be seen. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15927/?
- Missing Enchanted Jewelry by garyman182 – Adds some enchanted jewelry that could previously only be made at an enchanting table but never found as loot. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84670/?
- Noldorian Dawnbreaker Lore-friendly retexture of the Dawnbreaker. I use normal version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30291/?
- Realistic HD PickAxe by HalkHogan. Replaces the pickaxe with a more realistic model and HD texture. Recommend Quality version. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68186?
- Realistic HD Woodcutter's Axe by HalkHogan. Replaces the woodcutter's axe with a more realistic model and HD texture. Recommend Quality version. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66796?
- RUSTIC CLOTHING – 4K and 2K Textureshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69784/?
- RUSTIC FORSWORNhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73515/?
- Stalhrim Armors Replace by MUZEWORLD-Undead – Retextures the Stalhrim armor from the Dragonborn DLC with glow and refraction. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88057
- Stalhrim Weapons Replace by MUZEWORLD-Undead – Retextures the Stalhrim weapons and shield with a nice glow and refraction effect. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87918
- Stormcloak Armor Revival – HD and 4K textureshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70723/?
- TDN Vampire Armor Retexture by Nightshade – High resolution retexture of all the Dawnguard vampire Armor sets. Optional as Rustic Clothing also covers these armors. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55640/?
- Thieves Guild Armor HD Revival Retextures all the male and female Thieves Guild armor, including the Guild Master armor. Use the 2K all-in-one file which will also retexture Linwi's and Karliah's Armor. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46873/?
- Transparent & Refracting Glass Eqmnt Makes the glass on Glass weapons and armor look transparent like real glass. Also download the aMidianBorn Glass Eqmnt patch if you use aMidianBorn Book of Silence. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29123/?
- Unique Uniquesby InsanitySorrow – Gives some of Skyrim's more important unique weapons high quality unique models.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33292/?
- Unique Zephyr – Gives the Zephyr from the Dawnguard DLC a unique model that looks like it really could shoot 30% faster. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74677/?
- Plugins from the following mods overwrite edits made by the Unofficial Patch that should be resolved using TES5Edit… aMidianBorn Book of Silence, Improved Closedfaced Helmets and Unique Uniques.
7. Character Creation & NPC Overhauls
- AOF Believable Hair – Female & Male Improves the texture of most of the vanilla hairstyles in the game. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4307/?
- Avelyn or Elisif – I use the 'makeover' version of this mod to improve the appearance of Elisif, the Jarl of Solitude. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63903/?
- Beards Improves beards by giving them hi resolution, hand-painted textures and also unlocks some previously unselectable beards. Recommend 1K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28363/?
- Bijin NPCsVex, Sapphire, Irileth, Rikke, Hulda, Lisette, Carlotta, Karliah and Tonilia. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71054/?
- Bijin Warmaidens – Improves the appearances of Lydia, Jordis, Iona, Aela, Mjoll, Uthgerd, Ria, Frea, Rayya, Njada, Annekke, Adelaisa, Jenassa, Illia, Delphine, Ingjard, Aranea, Eola, Borgakh, Brelyna and Beleval. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40038/?
- Bijin Wives Improves the appearance of Camilla Valerius, Ysolda, Sylgja, Temba Wide Arm and Taarie. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63473/?
- Bijin All in One-2016 – Merged plugin of the 3 previous Bijin mods with USLEEP fixes. Hide/deactivate BijinNPCs.esp, BijinWarmaidens.esp and BijinWives.esp. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72626/?
- BVFE – Better Vampire Fangs & Eyes Improves the look of vampire's fangs and eyes. I use glowing version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38829/?
- Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition – CBBEby Caliente – Replaces the base female body with one that's a little more curvacious. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2666/?
- Coverkhajiits by mrLenski – Improves the face textures of Khajiits. Download both male and female version from the main files.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5941/?
- FemFeet Redesigned Improves the shape of female feet and also fixes a few broken meshes like on the footwraps and wedding sandals. Use the CBBE version if you use that body. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82390?
- KS Hairdos – Renewalhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68311/?
- Males of Skyrim Improves the appearance of many of Skyrim's more important male npcs. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61937/?
- Males of Skyrim USLEEP Patch by seromaxel – Patch to carry over Unofficial Patch edits to the NPCs from Males of Skyrim. Use main replacer file. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91725?
- Northborn Scars Improves the facial scar textures and adds in some new ones to choose from. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49279/?
- Seductress Serana Gives Serana an appearance overhaul, with different options for eyes and hair. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52907/?
- SG Female Textures Renewal – Gives the female body realistic, high resolution skin textures. Use CBBE version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35267/?
- SkySight Skins – Ultra HD 4K and 2K – Male Textures– Replaces the body textures and meshes of Skyrim's males with hi-resolution alternatives.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58443/?
- Sporty Sexy Sweat – Wet Body Skin Texture – Gives the female body a slightly sweaty look. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28946/?
- The Eyes Of Beauty by Gabriel Mailhot – Adds many new eye textures to choose from in the racemenu. I'm just using the player file. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13722/?
- The Kids Are Alright by triptherift – Overhauls Skyrim's children and clothing. Also gives options to add children to enemy factions. Recommend Episode 3 file. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83009
- Vampire Lord Retexturehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23775/?
- XCE – Warpaint and Dirt Gives the warpaint and dirt high resolution textures. Also download the optional beast tints. Add iTintTextureResolution=2048 to your SKSE.ini file under [Display]. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29977/?
- Plugins from the following mods overwrite edits made by the Unofficial Patch that should be resolved using TES5Edit… Seductress Serana.
8. Animals & Creatures
- Ancient Dwemer Metal by SRW0 – The Ancient Automatons file from this mod adds HD textures to Skyrim's various Dwemer automatons. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75610/?
- Better Bears by Aviform – More realistic HD textures for Skyrim's three bear variants. Recommend 2K version. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86559?
- Better Skeever by yourenotsupposedtobeinhere – Improves the texture of the Skeevers to look less blurry and pixelated. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16291/?
- Birds of Skyrim by Qasiermo – Adds new types of birds to Skyrim, like pigeons and magpies to make the wildlife more diverse. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17723/?
- Birds of Skyrim – Ruhadre Patch – Patch to fix a few issues with the original Birds of Skyrim plugin. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72833/?
- Convenient Horses– Adds new features for Skyrim's horses, like stat customization, horses for followers and horse armors. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14950/?
- Cute Eyed Fox Retextures by Talwick – Improves the texture of Skyrim's foxes. Recommend either of the 2K versions. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78463/?
- DRAGON PRIESTskin and armor. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67247/?
- HD Horker by Pfuscher – Improves the textures and maps of Skyrim's horkers. Recommend 2K version (Still also requires main file). http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74402/?
- Highland Cow Retexhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69112/?
- High-Res Dartwing (Dragonfly) Texturehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62809/?
- Luminescent Luna Mothshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54623/?
- MAMMOTH by Kajuan – Gives the mammoths much better textures. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/80867/?
- Meeko Rebornhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64420/?
- More Dramatic Alduin Retexturehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54070/?
- PondFish & Salmon Replacer – texturehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38440/?
- Realistic Primitive Horse Breeds – Retextures all 7 of the vanilla horse breeds including new meshes and an optional unique Frost. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57456/?
- RUSTIC DAEDRA by Gamwich – High quality textures for Skyrim's Daedra. Covers Atronachs, Seekers, Lurkers and Ash Guardians. Recommend 2K. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/93005
- RUSTIC DEATH HOUND by Gamwich – High resolution retexture of the Death Hound from the Dawnguard DLC. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77415/?
- RUSTIC DRAGON CORPSE Improves the textures of old and freshly made dragon corpses. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65663/?
- RUSTIC FROSTBITE SPIDER by Gamwich – High quality retexture of Skyrim's Frostbite Spiders. Recommend 2K. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92686
- RUSTIC GARGOYLE by Gamwich – High resolution retexture of the Gargoyles added by Dawnguard. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77778/?
- RUSTIC SPRIGGAN by Gamwich – High quality textures for the four Spriggans from the main game and DLC. Recommend 2K and the optional effects file. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92055
- SABRECAT by Kajuan – Much better textures for the sabre cats and their remains. Recommend 2K version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73866/?
- The Elder Scrolls V Rewritten – Arvak Greatly improves the model and textures of Arvak from the Dawnguard DLC. Recommend the high res, Soul Cairn option during install. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24019/?
- True Wolves Of Skyrim Gives the wolves in Skyrim a much needed retexture. Recommend the 2K replacer version. I don't use the Lola add-on. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59174/?
- Vigilance Reborn by Shiverwitch aka BluePianoTwo – Gives Vigilance a unique appearance. Choose the version you like most. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77406/?
- Plugins from the following mods overwrite edits made by the Unofficial Patch that should be resolved using TES5Edit… Realistic Primitive Horse Breeds (RPHB overwrites changes made by update.esm).
9. Other Effects
- Burn Freeze Shock Effects Leaves corpses singed, frozen or shocked after they've been killed with one of the effects. Use BSA version and overwrite the esp with the DG-DB esp from optional files. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14692/?
- Deadly Spell Impacts Improves the effects left on surfaces that have been hit with a spell. I use medium version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2947/?
- Dust Effects Retextures the dust effect in interiors to look less blocky and more natural. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44201/?
- Embers HD Improves the look of the embers found in the various fire sources around Skyrim. During install select 1K and all 3 add-ons. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62425/?
- Enchanted Arsenal – Combines some of the best enchantment effect mods into one very customizable mod.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56614/?
- Footprints– Makes you and other npcs leave footprints in the snow and the Solstheim ash. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22745/?
- Improved Weapon Impact EFFECTS Correct Metal Makes weapon impact sparks only occur when the appropriate sureface is hit. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10445/?
- Enhanced Blood Textures– High resolution retexture of the blood in Skyrim. During install check box for DG + DB. Includes Modern Brawl Bug Fix. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60/?
- Intricate Spider Webs– Adds new textures with better detail to the various webs and egg sacs in Skyrim. Recommend medium version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2532/?
- Magic Runes HDhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41052/?
- Realistic Smoke & Embers by isoku – Adds new high quality textures to the smoke and embers seen in Skyrim. Recommend medium version. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/836/?
- Smaller Ice Spike & Ice Spearhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31899/?
- Smoking Torches & Candles– Adds an immersive smoke effect to torches and candles. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35819/?
10. Gameplay & Immersion
- Alternate Start – Live Another Life by Arthmoor – Provides a variety of new ways to start a game, like starting as a member of a guild or attacked and left for dead. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557/?
- New Beginnings — Live Another Life Extension by Flo27 – Adds a few more starting options to Arthmoor's Alternate Start mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70959?
- Bring Out Your Dead by Arthmoor – Adds graves and burial sites for the unique npcs who didn't have one. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14178/?
- Dead Body Collision Fix– Makes dead bodies solid so you can't just walk straight through them.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30947/?
- DIVERSE SKYRIM by CEMN – Increases racial diversity by adding more races to different factions like orc guards and khajiit vampires. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81462?
- Encounter Zones Unlocked by underthesky – Prevents dungeons locking at a low level if you visit them again later on. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84924
- Equipping Overhaulby DragonDude1029 – Allows you to display more weapons on your body and also adds some other features, like realistic unequip. Use version 3.13 as 4.25 is a bit unstable and might cause CTDs. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49784/?
- Extensible Follower Frameworkhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12933/?
- Face to Face Conversation Automatically switches you to first person view and zooms in on the actor when engaged in conversation. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30533/?
- Free Weapon Upgrades by garyman182 – Lets you improve weapons at a sharpening wheel without the need for ingots because I find it more immersive. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86551
- Guard Dialogue Overhaul– Unlocks dialogue for guards that was never or rarely used in the original game. Guards will start to recognize your actions. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23390/?
- Holidays Spreads joy across Skyrim during holidays so they don't go by unnoticed. Based on TES lore. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64820/?
- Immersive Patrols – Adds fully functional patrols of the major factions across Skyrim. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12977/?
- Immersive Timescale by Hoho – Reduces the timescale to 10 so days last twice as long. Includes Fast Travel Timescale Fix. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65010?
- Player Headtrackingby Maegfaer – Makes the player's head turn towards points of interest, like NPCs who are talking to you.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23600/?
- Run For Your Lives by Arthmoor – Makes citizens run indoors when dragons or vampires attack towns and settlements. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23906
- Simply Knockhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73236/?
- Skyrim – Enhanced Camera – Adds an immersive first person view so you can remain in first person while doing things like crafting and horseriding. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57859/?
- Smart Soulshttps://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14559?
- Sometimes Pick Up Bookshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32592/?
- Touring Carriages– Hiring a carriage no longer forces you to fast travel, allowing you to take the more scenic route.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38529/?
- Immersive Citizens – AI Overhaul by Shurah – Overhauls Skyrim's citizens in an attempt to make them act more like humans. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65013?
- Provincial Courier Servicehttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46693/?
- Relationship Dialogue Overhaul by cloudedtruth – Adds hundreds of lines of fully voiced dialogue for NPCs so they have much more interesting stuff to say. During install select patches for EFF v4.0.2 and USLEEP. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74568
- Traps Make Noise – More Dangerous Trapshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31799/?
- Wet & Cold– Makes NPCs react accordingly to bad weather, like wearing hoods when it rains and breathing out visible cold breathes in the colder regions.http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27563/?
- Plugins from the following mods overwrite edits made by the Unofficial Patch that can be resolved using TES5Edit… Guard Dialogue Overhaul and Immersive Patrols.
- Place Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp BEFORE aMidianBornSkyforgeWeapons.esp from Book of Silence and Unique Uniques.esp.
- Place RealisticWaterTwo.esp, RealisticWaterTwo – Legendary.esp and Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT (In that order) AFTER WetandCold.esp and WetandCold – Ashes.esp.
- Dual Wield Improved Animationhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62928/?
- Female Facial Animation– Improves female facial expressions and the motion of the mouth when talking. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35303/?
- Fores New Idles in Skyrim – FNISby fore – Allows custom animations to be added to the game, like dancing animations. Also download the creature pack from the optional files. Gopher Install Tutorial. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/?
- HDT Physics Extensions by HydrogensaysHDT – SKSE plugin that allows the existing game physics to work with other things like hair and boobies. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996
- Realistic Animation Project – Idles by FeuerTin – Adds much longer and more detailed idle animations which look more unique and less repetitive. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76862/?
- Realistic Animation Project – Movement by FeuerTin – Adds more realistic movement animations with various styles to choose from. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77343/?
- Realistic Ragdolls & Force– Reduces the extra force applied on ragdolls to a more reasonable level. Recommend realistic version. The esp from this mod isn't needed so hide it. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/601/?
- VioLens – A Killmove Mod – Overhauls the killmove system by adding many new killcams and customizable features. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56980/?
- XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended– Adds a multi-purpose skeleton for better animations and custom weapon position. Leave options on default during install. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000/?
12. Sound & Music
- Better Horse Pain Sounds Replaces the horse pain sounds with ones that are a bit more bearable. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12608/?
- Heart of the Beast – Werewolf Sound & Texture Overhaul Overhauls the werewolf sounds to be a lot more frightening. Recommend the Alpha Werewolf sounds. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13779/?
- Immersive Sounds – Compendium– Extensive sound overhaul mod covering combat sounds, magic, footsteps and many looting sounds. Check patches for Deadly Spell Impacts and Enhanced Blood. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54387/?
- Improved Horse Step Sounds Improves the sound of horse steps and plays different sounds depending on the terrain. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31039/?
- Lower Sounding Thieves Guild Doorhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1826/?
- Realistic Husky Sounds Adds over 60 new, high-quality husky sounds to the huskies added by the Dawnguard DLC. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61884/?
- Thundering Shouts Adds echo and thunder effects to shouts so they sound even more powerful. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3799/?
- The REAL Fus Ro Dah Thundering Shouts already makes the Fus Ro Dah shout sound good, but use this mod if you want it to sound like it did in the original trailer. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2973/?
Skyrim Missing Body Textures
- Place Immersive Sounds – Compendium.esp BEFORE RUSTIC SOULGEMS – Unsorted.esp and aMidianBornSkyforgeWeapons.esp.
- If using Rustic Soul Gems, there is an Immersive Sounds – Compedium compatible replacement esp included in the optional files.
13. Tools & Utilities
- Mod Organizer The perfect mod manager for Skyrim. See what files overwrite other files, install and uninstall mods in one click and setup multiple profiles for different playthroughs. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?
- TES5Edit by ElminsterAU Essential modding tool for Skyrim. Can be used to view all the games data and easily make edits and patches. Required to clean mods and master fileshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?
- LOOT by LOOT Team – This tool can help sort load orders, although I only use it check for dirty plugins that need cleaning. Using Loot's sort feature on this mod list would probably sort them wrong in some cases, place them in the same order they are listed and follow the notes. https://loot.github.io/
- BethINI by DoubleYou Easy to use tool that will tidy up your ini files and probably give you a decent performance boost. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787/?
- Dynamic Distant Objects LOD – DynDOLODPapyrusUtil – Modders Scripting Utility Functionshttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59721/?
- AddItemMenu – Ultimate Mod Explorer by towawot – Useful tool that shows you all your installed plugins and lets you add anything from them into your inventory. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64905
- Quick Lighthttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73473/?
- Save Game Script Cleaner – This tool can be used to clean saves of broken scripts. Always back-up your save games. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?
- Skills Config by stevied1969 – This utility lets you adjust any of your skills and gain levels via an MCM Menu. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34307
GTX770, i54670K @ 3.4GB, 16GB RAM.
Boots of Waterwalking. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88974
Missing Body Found
Free Weapon Upgrades. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86551/?
Missing Enchanted Jewelry. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84670/?
Repositioned Inventory Models. https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88912
Much credit and thanks to Bethesda for making such a great game and all the modders for making it even better.
Guide to removing all 3rd-party mods and other files from your Skyrim installation -- by torminater, wikified by Farlo
- The best way of course is to use your zip file that you made of the Skyrim Directory as you followed the Skyrim Installation Guide, just delete the whole directory and unpack the zip. This is the only method to restore a previous version of Skyrim.
- If you don't have a vanilla zip, its relatively simple but takes a minute depending on your internet speed, first click enable in Skyrim Unplugged if you are using it.
- For a quicker although rougher guide, seeReverting Skyrim to a Pristine (Vanilla) Installation
- Deactivate all mods using your choice of mod manager and/or the Skyrim launcher
- Navigate to ...Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim.
- Delete all folders except:
- Delete all loose files except:
- Delete all folders except:
- Inside Skyrim/Data:
- Delete all folders except Interface, Strings, and Video.
- Delete all loose files except:
- Skyrim - Animations.bsa
- Skyrim - Interface.bsa
- Skyrim - Meshes.bsa
- Skyrim - Misc.bsa
- Skyrim - Shaders.bsa
- Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
- Skyrim - Textures.bsa
- Skyrim - Voices.bsa
- Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
- (If you're missing any files, don't worry, they'll be recovered by step 10)
- Inside Data/Interface delete everything except: 'TRANSLATE_<insertyourlanguage>.txt'
- Inside Data/Strings delete everything except:
- Inside Data/Video delete everything except: 'BGS_Logo.bik'
- The remaining folders in the root Skyrim directory should contain the following number of files (including hidden ones):
- DirectX10: 146 files
- DotNetFX: 1 file
- reslists: 2 files
- Skyrim: 1 file
- VCRedist: 1 file
- In Steam, navigate to the Workshop and unsubscribe from every mod.
- Navigate to My Documents/My Games/Skyrim and delete all files and subdirectories (after making backups of course).
- In Steam, click 'Verify integrity of game cache...' under the Local Files tab in Skyrim's Properties window. This will do a CRC check on every file in the Skyrim directory and download any files that are corrupted or missing. This process may take some time depending on internet speed.
- Launch Skyrim from Steam, thereby creating new INI files. Set your preferred settings in the game launcher.
- Make a full archive/backup of your newly-pristine Skyrim directory so this guide isn't needed in the future.
- If there are any saves you wish to revert to a vanilla status see the Clean Save Procedure in the Troubleshooting guide.
Optional: this procedure ensures that you have a stable Vanilla installation.
- Start a new game
- Skip through the tutorial level, up to leaving the cave, by ignoring combat or using God Mode (enter 'tgm' in the console).
- (This is just a test, so don't bother setting up your character.)
- Once you've completed the tutorial (when Ralof/Hadvar tells you to head to Riverwood), enter the following in the console:
- 'tmm 1' - Unlocks all map locations
- 'psb' - Unlocks all spells and shouts
- 'player.modav dragonsouls 100' - Gives 100 Dragon Souls
- Activate all your shouts.
- Fast travel to any location you'd like (preferably main cities) and try out various spells and shouts. Basically, give the game a little stress test by wreaking havoc to make sure everything's solid.