'Steamsteamappssourcemods' Here is a fan made tutorial for help.
When There's No More Room In Hell
Aug 21, 2014 Once a mod for Half Life 2, No More Room in Hell continues to somehow find room left for more. The hardcore cooperative shooter just enjoyed a major content update courtesy of Patch 1.08, which adds 4 new maps, 3 new playable characters, a new weapon and a brand new ‘Casual Mode.
No More Room in Hell is on the lookout for talented Third-Person Animators. We have a dedicated team of developers who work on the mod in their free-time. This position is UNPAID. By working with us you will grow a healthy portfolio for future opportunities in the business as well as the unparallelled experience that comes with modding. Do you have the initiative to work on PC Gamer's 2011 Mod of the Year? We look forward to working with you and developing one hell of a mod! Click here for a full description and to apply.
While in Texas for QuakeCon, we sat down with Game Front's Phil Hornshaw and Ross Lincoln for an interview about the history of the mod and its bright future! Check it out here. They also recently did a play though for their youtube channel which you can find here.
Brentonator recently went live with our new website: www.NoMoreRoominHell.com or www.nmrih.com It is now the ultimate source for our latest news, downloads, and information including our FAQ!
- New HUD elements: weight based radial selection menu with ammo counts
- Ammo carrying capacity is now based on weight
- Removed ammo count from indicator
- Implemented audible ammo checks
- Removed voice command text from chat
- Implemented an optional subtitle system in place of the voice command text chat
- Backward movement speed reduced
- Added a 5% to 10% chance that damage to a zombie can stagger it back with sustained fire
- Melee weapons now have a chance to stagger zombies; bladed weapons have a 10% chance of knocking a zombie back with a quick attack (35% for a charged attack) while in comparison, blunt weapons have a 40% chance for quick attacks (and 80% for charged attacks)
- Melee weapon quick attacks now use up stamina; how much stamina used is based on the weapon itself (ex: sledgehammers use more strength, while a baseball bat doesn't)
- Shoving and melee attacks won't use stamina if they don't hit anything (zombies, the ground, etc.)
- Non-kid zombies now have a chance of falling over and reanimating instead of dying if not killed by a headshot
- Bullet penetration through zombies for high caliber rifles and pistols
- Various tweaks to preexisting stamina values
- Added skill shot with pistols - standing still in iron sights for a time will trigger the mode with visual overlay allowing for increased shot damage
- Player now has a chance to bleed out when taking damage, causing damage over time and increasing stamina jump cost
- Initial FMOD Implementation
- Set sv_master_legacy_mode to 0
- Delayed navmesh loading: Servers won't take as long to switch maps
- Optimized Maglite's dynamic lighting
- Fixed various minor bugs, both client and server related
- Added an 'Advanced' button in the Multiplayer Options tab, allowing for easy toggling of preexisting commands (Toggable ironsights, etc.)
- Initial implementation of the following localization files: French, German, Portuguese, Russian
- Dead/late joining players can now respawn in the next wave in Survival Mode, regardless if the last 5 zombies in the previous wave were killed in time
- Respawning players in Survival Mode will come back in with 50% health
- Added holster command (in Keyboard Options)
- New main menu background and buttons
- Updated HUD radial selection menu design
- Added first aid kit (gives 20 HP) and bandages (stops bleeding)
- Added bleed out screen vignette
- Added M-10 submachine gun
- Added Winchester 1892 rifle
- Added various mall and biohazard props
- Fixed bounding boxes for certain zombie models
- Disabled splash screen video
- Fixed min/max errors with certain models
- Blood pools now form on ground
- Updated blood, impact, and explosion effects
- New main menu music
- New infection audio
- New loading music
- Added audio files for ammo checking
- Added audio for bleeding and bandage use
- Added nms_northway by Sotapoika
- Added nms_favela by Juniez
- Tweaked some props' fade-distances in the dockside to make it run smoother
- Cleaned up navmesh
- Added extra playerclips
- Replaced some func_details with props
- Added medkits and bandages in the map
- Applied Nodraw to odd faces
- Other minor tweaks
- Modified layout to optimize some parts of the map
- Added bandages and first aid kits
- Added Winning Scenario into the map (Survive at least 10 waves and a chopper will arrive)
We are on Steam Greenlight! If we receive enough upvotes the mod could appear officially on Steam. This extends our reach to a much larger audience, allows us to add more content per update, and get those updates out much more often. It also makes installation a breeze just like any other game you own on Steam. No More Room in Hell will still be 100% free. Everybody wins. Remember, Greenlight is not a competition so upvote other great titles while you are at it!
Server List not showing up? Check out this thread for solutions!
Invalid Steam ID Ticket? Check out this thread for a fix!
Note the windows server files are included in the download.
Follow, Like, Subscribe!Whatever your preference will bring you the most up to date info on NMRiH: